There is no identikit King’s High girl; each is nurtured as an individual. This continues in our approach to girls’ applications to higher education, both in the UK and abroad.
Our large and experienced Careers Team offers support throughout each stage of the application process for universities, colleges and work.
This process includes:
• A personal UCAS tutor
• Bespoke personal statement training and guidance
• Preparation for university entrance examinations
• Support for overseas universities applications
• Dedicated Oxbridge staff
• Interview preparation: interview workshops; mock-interviews with former pupils, parents, and external experts; interview ‘speed dating’ workshops
• King's Links - Visits to universities led by staff and Old Girls
• Two UCAS days in June
• 'Your Futures' Programme
King’s girls attend top institutions to pursue their diverse studies in higher education. We also offer support for girls who choose to undertake apprenticeships, as an alternative way to enter the workforce.
We know that preparing our girls for university is not enough: they need to be ready for the workplace.
Our dynamic Careers Programme therefore includes:
- Careers Evenings and Fairs
- Careers Breakfasts and Lunches
- Year 12 careers courses and personal presentation training
- 'Futurewise' interviews, with access to 'Futurewise' services up to the age of 23
- Your Futures Programme
- Work Experience Programme
We invite a wide variety of speakers to inspire and advise the girls. Recent careers speakers have included current parents, former pupils, university admissions staff and tutors, and specialists from the worlds of business and enterprise.
We are also delighted to have a Careers Development Group, comprised of parents who generously give both their time and expertise to meet and discuss new opportunities for our girls.
Recent talks have included the following careers:
IT and Digital Archaeology Apprenticeships IBM Armed Forces Business Education Internships Engineering GCHQ Law Veterinary Science Entrepreneur Management Consultancy PR & Marketing Medicine Chinese & Business Children’s Books Illustration Creative Arts Physiotherapy Dentistry Business & Marketing Nature Conservation Legal Apprenticeships Renewable Fuels Sony PlayStation Launch Surveying Cyber Security Oxbridge Admissions Product Design Retail Government Environmental Translating
Our King’s Links programme is centred on university trips for our girls in Years 10–12 to meet with our most recent Old Girls at their current universities. They take girls around their own colleges and campuses, and give them the low-down on current university life – from the application process, to accommodation, workload, and social life.
Recent university trips include: Bristol, Cambridge, Manchester and Oxford.