Ethos, Mission & Aims
We place great emphasis on a broad and inclusive education, in a nurturing and supportive environment, whilst striving for excellence in all that we do.
In celebrating each student for the unique qualities she brings to our community, we encourage her to explore and develop her interests, gain confidence in herself and in her abilities, and seize the rich opportunities life offers.
We seek to prepare all our pupils for a life of learning and fulfilment, and for the fast-changing world of the 21st century as responsible, active, and compassionate global citizens.
Throughout their lives, we encourage our students to ‘Aspire, Achieve, Enjoy’.
Aims and Commitments
Creativity and Curiosity
To foster a love of learning that promotes creativity, curiosity and independence of thought.
- Approach our learning with inquisitive minds and be creative and imaginative in how we will apply our learning
- Be persistent in our studies, taking risks and fostering a growth mindset
- Be receptive to new ideas and new skills, prioritising creative and innovative thinking to address the world’s problems
Community and Social Responsibility
To support our community and demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility.
- Volunteer to help others, both inside and outside school, showing active commitment to our culture of changemaking
- Be proactive in sharing empathy, kindness and understanding in our work to support others in and beyond our community
- Take responsibility for protecting our planet, raising awareness, engagement and action on the global climate imperative
Character and Confidence
To promote the character development of every pupil, to enable them to have confidence, integrity and courage.
- Show respect to one another and to our environment, being courageous and always seeking to take opportunities
- Contribute to the school’s culture of gratitude and respect
- Practise honesty and integrity in our approach to school life
Wellbeing and Happiness
To prioritise the wellbeing and happiness of every member of our school community.
- Seek to bring joy and happiness to our school community and to the lives of others
- Promote lifelong healthy living and prioritise everybody’s mental and physical health
- Take opportunities to support and strengthen our wellbeing and happiness, working to achieve a healthy balance in our lives
Opportunities and Futures
To provide a rich and inspiring school experience, where our pupils can explore and develop their interests and skills to ensure they are future-ready.
- Prepare for the world of tomorrow, embracing new technologies and be innovative and forward-thinking in our approach to our studies
- Develop our interests in careers and future pathways, taking opportunities to learn about and prepare for the workplace
- Embrace a breadth of opportunities to develop our knowledge, skills and character for life
Statement of Religious Ethos
Founded on Christian principles, we welcome pupils of all faiths and none. King’s High School and Warwick Preparatory School are committed to enhancing the contribution we can make to society as a whole, and, in embracing diversity, to equal opportunities for all.